Barter21 Features & Benefits
BCL Soft created Barter21 with your success in mind. We designed our software with input from the leaders in the barter and trade industry. We asked exchange owners and brokers what features they thought were missing or could be improved upon.
Our aim was to create clean, functional, easy to navigate software that would generate more trading volume, resulting in more income for you.
The subscription fees for Barter21 software are similar to those you already use for your business. They are based on the buy and sell side of each transaction. When a transaction occurs between your member and the member of another exchange, each exchange (buyer and seller) pays .5 percent. When the buyer and seller are both in your exchange, you pay .5 percent for the buyer and .5 percent for the seller*. When a transaction earns you less, you pay less!
*fees based on the Professional subscription level.
Your data is stored in its own individual database
Barter21’s optimized and efficiently configured databases allow you fast information retrieval and transaction processing. Your members will have quick response times to their searches. Barter21 runs at the speed of your business.
Barter21 is Exchange-centric.
Searches for members by category bring up your members first, helping you to keep barter dollars in your exchange. While the ability to trade outside your exchange is good, generating more fees within your exchange is better.
Security is our priority.
Government regulations regarding securing your members' information are getting stricter. Does your current barter software allow your employees to access your members' credit card numbers, passwords, or other secure information?
With Barter21 -
- Members can feel secure knowing that you and your staff do not have access to checking account or credit card information. We provide truly secure credit card and e-Check information.
- Passwords are completely hidden from brokers. The broker can issue a new system-generated password for a member but cannot ever see member passwords. This means more security for your members and fewer liability issues for you.
- Forgotten passwords are e-mailed only to the member. Your brokers have no access to passwords, and therefore, less liability.
- Members cannot change or delete their EIN or Social Security number once it has been entered. Only an authorized broker will have the credentials to do this. This protects your exchange from potential fraud and keeps you in compliance with the IRS.
You don’t wait for your money.
You can collect barter and cash transaction fees on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Our easy-to-use check-box system makes collections a fast and easy process. And you can decide at what time collections are made.
Make collections easier by having debt card, credit card of eCheck information on file securely.
You’ll also know what is going on with all transactions.
- Email notifications to brokers for authorization requests, reversal requests, authorizations and reversal approvals.
- Optional e mail notification to broker and member to confirm any account changes made.
- Email notification to member when payment method is declined. Helps eliminate constant calls by your staff to members.
Build your business, not your office skills.
Let your members trade in real time with easy-to-use online transaction processing in addition to transactions processed through your office. Save trees and eliminate the expense of printing, stuffing, and mailing statements with easy-to-understand online statements. Barter21 allows you to attach a modified newsletter or announcements to each statement.
Easy contact management features enables brokers to enter notes for members, send emails, and schedule calls and reminders for themselves or other brokers in the exchange.
The Power of the Barter21 network.
Barter21’s clearinghouse matches your currency. Based on the US Dollar with exchange rate conversions updated daily, you can use the Barter21 network to trade seamlessly with other exchanges. With our Professional subscription, your members can barter goods or services directly with members of other Barter21 subscribers. Exchanges using the Limited subscription can perform searches of member businesses within the Barter21 network. Information is limited, and broker contact is required. But trading happens smoothly, barter dollar for barter dollar. When required, instant international conversion occurs. Finally, exchanges can choose to subscribe to the Trading Floor subscription only. This expands the goods and services an exchange can offer to its clients.
Whether your members are trading within your exchange or with another exchange, our seamless transactions, instant online processing, and intuitive web interface will increase trading and transaction fees for your exchange.
Why open multiple browser windows?
Clients are calling. You and your brokers are searching for information, posting transactions and doing a host of other tasks all at once. When your software opens a new window and then doesn’t close it when you’re done, confusion sets in. Do you really have time for all of this?
Barter21’s exclusive tab feature keeps only one window open as you browse through the pages you need. When you close a tab, you return to the place where you started. No more multiple open windows. No more trying to figure out what you’re doing. And Barter21 allows you front-end and management access from one login.